Cyprus Seeds’ vision is to support researchers in the private and public academic institutions of Cyprus to bring breakthrough innovations from the lab to the market. For this reason, Cyprus Seeds participated as a knowledge partner in the panel discussion being organized by Cyprus Forum and supported by Techisland on the 27th of September 2022 in Limassol on the rooftop of the Exness Headquarters, with the topic “Connecting the Dots: Aiming for successful startups from Cyprus.”
ARTES and IDS4IoT, two of the twelve academic teams supported by Cyprus Seeds, participated in the discussion together with key stakeholders of the startup ecosystem of Cyprus from the public and the private sectors. The Managing Director of Cyprus Seeds, Maria Markidou Georgiadou, was the moderator of the discussion.
During the panel discussion, the participants learn more about the recent developments in the field of research commercialization and the current most significant challenges in establishing an innovative startup ecosystem in Cyprus.
The following key stakeholders of the innovation ecosystem took part in the panel:
- Theodoros Loukaidis, Director General at Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation.
- Dr. Olga Shvarova, Chief Innovation Officer at CYENS Centre of Excellence.
- Dr. Marianna Prokopi – Demetriades, Biotech innovator, Serial Entrepreneur.
- George Vou, founder of themightykitchen, and one of the initial promoters of Startup Cyprus.
- Dr. Nikolas Bakirtzis, Associate Professor and Director of Andreas PittasArt Characterization Laboratories/STARC and Principal Investigator of the ARTES project, supported by Cyprus Seeds.
- Dr. Vasos Vassiliou, Associate Professor at the University of Cyprus, Principal Investigator of IDS4IoT, supported by Cyprus Seeds.
You can watch the discussion here.